And when great souls die, after a period peace blooms, slowly and always irregularly. Our senses, restored, never to be the same, whisper to us. They existed. They existed. We can be. Be and be better. For they existed.
-Maya Angelou

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Jack's Room

I started the process of changing Jack's room from a place where Jack lived to a place where I could write. It sounded good in theory. In reality, not so much. Despite the furniture change, the added "Willow Tree" touches and an abundance of Jack's things - the room is too quiet and too empty. It's still Jack's room and it's still very much missing Jack. I was so hopeful. But I'm not convinced it will ever be a place where I can hang out and write. I'm not sorry I made the changes because, if nothing else, the changes temper the "gut punch" we get every time we walk into the house from the garage and see into Jack's room. 

For now, I have to find a place to write. I think I will be spending a lot of weekends "off site" as I work on my book. Many thanks to the parents who've already sent me their preliminary stories. I'm looking forward to receiving more stories from other parents I've reached out to. (If you are interested in participating in the book, please contact me.) I feel strongly that this book is meant to be. Some day I'll share with you how the book idea came to be and why I feel so strongly about it. It's going to take a village to make this book happen - so thank you to everyone who is on board with me.

Despite its emptiness, I'm happy with the changes to Jack's room. I had someone paint a willow tree scene on one of Jack's walls. I think it looks great, but I see that I'm going to have to paint the other walls in the room because they don't go with the new look. I'll get around to it in time. For now, I've made all the changes my heart can handle. 


________________________________________









I found willow tree branches to replace the leaves that were originally on the tree
(the light is always on)











Onward. 





No comments:

Post a Comment